ARE YOU READY?
CareerSource Palm Beach County is accepting applications for its structured work readiness program. Interested youth are encouraged to apply.
Each applicant must be:
- A Palm Beach County resident, ages 17 - 21
- Available now and currently not enrolled in school and/or not working part or full-time.
- Committed and prepared to dedicate six hours per day, four days per week for five weeks.
Applicants will be invited to participate in a two-day selection process, where they will be evaluated for eligibility and suitability for the program. Those who successfully complete the selection process will transition to the five week Action Prep class. During Action Prep, each individual will:
- Explore interests/careers
- Develop leadership skills
- Receive money management training
- Participate in field trips and community service activities
- Engage in mock interviews and resume building
- Potentially earn approximately $900 in five weeks.
In the final phase, graduates move to one-on-one coaching to prepare for enrolling in higher education or seeking employment in a chosen area of interest.
Additional Resources for Youth:
Employment and Career Information
Educational Resources for Youth and Young Adults
Find out more about adult education and the GED: