If you or your spouse served in the U.S. military, we are honored to meet your career search and training needs. Honorably discharged veterans and eligible spouses are afforded priority services in our system. Priority of services means that your needs take precedence over other job seekers. Should you need personal one-on-one assistance while job seeking, you will receive access to a career consultant before those individuals who are not an honorably discharged veteran or eligible spouse. Priority of services also extends to processing times for programs administered by CareerSource Palm Beach County, such as the WIOA program. Your application will be moved to the top of our application waitlist and processed at an expedited rate.
For services available to you through the WIOA program, visit Training Opportunities.
YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRIORITY SERVICE If –
You served in the United States military; or were federally activated as a member of a National Guard or Reserve unit, or are a spouse of:
- A veteran who died of a service-connected disability;
- A veteran who has a U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs total disability rating;
- A veteran who died while a Department of Veterans Affairs total disability rating existed; or
- A member of the Armed Forces who is:
- Missing in action
- Captured in line of duty; or
- Forcibly detained by a foreign government or power