The Welfare Transition Program (WTP) provides emphasis on work and personal responsibility, as well as opportunities for temporary cash assistance recipients to achieve self-sufficiency.
To be eligible for the program and benefits, you must first apply with the Florida Department of Children and Families. Check here to find out more.
Families that receive cash assistance are required to meet the Department of Children and Families (DCF) Temporary Cash Assistance eligibility criteria, register for work and participate in work activities. Services provided through the Program are based on the availability of resources and the individual’s progress towards completion of the steps in achieving the agreed upon goals. The WT program has both opportunities and obligations that will be explained in the introductory orientation.
STEPS TO TAKE
Before registering, you are required by CareerSource Palm Beach County as part of the Work Registration process to complete the following steps:
- Complete the WTP Orientation and Assessment in OSST – click here to begin
- Register for work on the Employ Florida (EF) website at employflorida.com
- Complete the EF job skills assessment at employflorida.com
- Complete or upload your resume into EF at employflorida.com
- Apply for 1 job in employflorida.com
Once you have completed all the requirements listed above, you must email WTPteam@careersourcepbc.com to schedule the onsite Orientation, which will conclude the Work Registration process.
All questions about the Work Registration process and our services should be sent to WTPteam@careersourcepbc.com. Please add your DCF case number.
Note: Individuals visiting our career centers must adhere to the following:
- Business casual attire (no shorts, tank tops, flip flops)
- No children allowed