Work activities may include the coordination, installation, de-installation, relocation, service and service upgrades of high value complex equipment, but not limited to hospitals, universities and Federal Buildings. Able to use software routines for equipment calibration and to troubleshoot and recognize issues. Ability to work with other technicians and client support team. Work with client support on the phone or onsite while in front of the scanner and communicating with the client.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· 50% travel is required
· Responsible to follow all safety OSHA guidelines
· Maintains a safe work environment through safe work practices
· Maintains integrity of confidential information
· Maintains customer relationships, and complies with REMETRONIX SOP (Standard Operating Procedures), policies, customer requirements, statutory and regulatory guidelines
· Investigates error trends and makes corrective action recommendations
· Generates Daily Updates
· Works with customers to determine the most efficient and effective manner for equipment installation, service and maintenance to meet customer expectations
· Generates Best Practices as applicable
· Represents REMETRONIX and the customer in a professional and courteous manner
· Troubleshoot problems encountered in the field (equipment)
· Ability to use electronic measurement devices (ie. Oscilloscope, multi-meter, etc) to troubleshoot electronic equipment
· Ability to read electronic schematics/prints
· Has knowledge of electrical concepts/theories relating to equipment system boards
· Maintains the highest level of quality and technical skill level
· Communicates issues and corrective actions with HQ and/or Manager on a daily basis
· Complies with customer and ISO 9001:2008 requirements.
· Acts with a sense of urgency based upon situations and management direction
· Consults with customer Project Manager on site related issues (site readiness, status completeness, and out of scope work)
· Demonstrates Leadership Ability
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Associate's Degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or a comparable amount of experience related to the work activities or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Electro/Mechanical experience (based upon experience in other areas, Electro/Mechanical and electronic measurement equipment experience and/or training requirement maybe deferred for up to 1yr, where employee is able to take online training)
· Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Moderate understanding of how a computer works.
· Ability to navigate and use: email, Microsoft office products and the internet