Veterans' Employment Services

CareerSource Palm Beach County offers services to help veterans make their next career moves. All qualified veterans receive intensive case management services. Our career consultants maintain contact with, and advise, area employers of the availability of qualified veterans. They also explain to Palm Beach County businesses the benefits of hiring people with the skills, knowledge, experience and dependability of U.S. military veterans.

Visit any CareerSource Palm Beach County career center and speak with a representative to learn about priority of service for veterans, programs and available resources. As a veteran, you also may qualify to participate in programs specifically designed for you, such as Florida’s Transition Assistance Program (TAP), which provides employment skills training and other benefits for military members and their spouses as they transition to civilian life.

Veterans Services include:

  • Access to computers, fax machines and copiers for job searches 
  • Apprenticeship programs
  • Career planning and counseling
  • Case management assessment and testing services
  • Cross walking from military to civilian
  • Employability skills workshops
  • Identification of civilian jobs that use skills acquired in the military
  • Interviewing skills training
  • Job clubs
  • Job development knowledge, skills and abilities assessments
  • Job search and placement assistance
  • Labor market information
  • Referral to educational and vocational training programs
  • Referral to on-the-job training (OJT) programs
  • Referrals to supportive services
  • Resume preparation/writing


To be eligible for veteran's assistance, you must be a U.S. military veteran as defined as (1) Was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability, or (2) As a member of a Reserve component under an order to active duty pursuant to Section 12301 (a), (d) or (g) 12302 or 12304 to Title 10, served on active duty during a period of war or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge is authorized and was discharged or released from such duty with other than a dishonorable discharge.

For the spouse of a U.S. military veteran to receive veteran's employment assistance, he or she must be married to: 

  • Any veteran who died of a service-connected disability.
  • Any veteran who has a total disability resulting from a service-connected disability.
  • Any veteran who died while on a disability so evaluated was in existence.
  • Any member of the Armed Forces serving on active duty who, at the time of application for assistance under this section, is listed in one or more of the following categories and has been listed for a total of more than 90 days as:
    • Missing in action, or
    • Captured in the line of duty by a hostile force, or
    • Forcibly detained or interred in line of duty by a foreign government or power

    If you are a veteran looking for a job, click here.

    If you are an employer looking to hire veterans, click here.

Central Career Center

3400 Belvedere Road
West Palm Beach, FL 33406


Phone: (561) 340-1060

Fax: (561) 340-1057

West Career Center

1085 South Main Street
Belle Glade, FL 33430

Phone: (561) 829-2040

Fax: (561) 909-2110

Delray Career Cottage

186 NW 5th Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444

Phone: (561) 727-3399

Planar Client Options

Layout Style

  • Boxed
  • Wide

Header & Footer

Theme Preview