Florida will offer the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Employment & Training (E&T) services to all Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents (ABAWDs) who are required to meet the work requirements. The mandatory program, effective January 1, 2016, will focus on assisting SNAP participants in meeting work participation requirements.
Participants who meet the following criteria are REQUIRED to participate in “allowable” work components 20 hours/week (80 hours/month) to maintain eligibility for food assistance:
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 49
- Not working at least 30 hours a week
- Not earning weekly wages of at least $217.50 a week
- Not in school at least half-time
- No documented medical limitation
Sanction Lift Process:
If you have questions regarding the sanction lift process, please e mail the SNAP team at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org ( if you are a resident of the Glades). Please add your case number. You can also contact the SNAP team at 561.340.1060. x 2454.
If you have received a Notice of Mandatory Participation (NOMP) letter from the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity and are wondering what to do next, follow the steps below to expedite processing your case and to make sure your benefits are not interrupted:
- Step (1) Complete an online Orientation
- Step (2) Complete an online Orientation, Assessment
- Step (3) Scheduled your Initial appointment (online)
After completion, you will need to attend your first in-person session for activity assignments (by scheduled appointment only).
Note: SNAP customers will not be seen by a SNAP Career Consultant until all required online activities are completed. Individuals attending their SNAP appointments with a Career Consultant must adhere to the following rules:
- Business casual dress code is strictly enforced (no shorts, tank tops, or flip-flops)
- No children allowed