CAREERSOURCE PALM BEACH COUNTY IS ISSUING A REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
PURPOSE: To solicit proposals for legal counsel on an as-needed, fee-for-service basis in matters of employment law and labor relations through June 30, 2022.
WHEN: Request For Proposals instructions and other required documents may be downloaded from the CareerSource Palm Beach County website at: www.careersourcepbc.com beginning May 31, 2018.
DEADLINE: Proposals are to be emailed to email@example.com no later than Monday, June 25, 2018.
CareerSource Palm Beach County complies with the provisions of the Americans With Disabilities Act. If you are a disabled person requiring any accommodations or assistance, please notify CareerSource Palm Beach County. CareerSource Palm Beach County encourages women and minority businesses to submit a quote. CareerSource Palm Beach County reserves the right to reject any or all quotes.
CareerSource Palm Beach County (CareerSource) is seeking proposals from qualified lawyers or law firms to act as legal counsel on an as-needed, fee-for-service basis in matters of employment law and labor relations through June 30, 2022. Only attorneys who are currently licensed to practice law in the state of Florida and/or law firms including such attorneys, may respond to this Request For Proposals. Proposals are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, June 25, 2018.
CareerSource is a 501(c)(3), Florida not-for-profit corporation that serves as one of 24 regional workforce areas in the state of Florida to work with Palm Beach County businesses providing job placement, recruitment assistance and funding for skills training. Through an Interlocal Agreement between Palm Beach County, Delray Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, South Bay and West Palm Beach, CareerSource was designated as the administrative entity and fiscal agent for all programs promulgated under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and Florida's Workforce Innovation Act of 2000 in Palm Beach County. Currently, CareerSource receives approximately $7.8 million per year for staff from various federal and state grant programs and employs approximately 90 employees. Please visit our website to learn more about us at: http://www.careersourcepbc.com. Please note we also wish representation to include the Palm Beach Workforce Development Consortium (Consortium) which is a separate entity from CareerSource. Therefore, there would be two separate retainer agreements for each client (CareerSource and the Consortium). The Consortium is an Independent Special District. The Firm will be engaged to provide one or a variety of services, including but not limited to, providing advice and counsel to the Human Resources Department on personnel related matters, employment, benefits, compensation, employee relations, discipline, leave of absence, resignations, personnel records, review of Employee Handbook (attached) and education and updates of new employment laws and requirements.
The proposal shall include the following:
- Contact telephone number and email address regarding any questions CareerSource may have and award selection.
- The attached three Certification Forms and Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form fully completed and notarized.
- By submitting a proposal the Firm agrees to CareerSource’s Addendum Terms and Conditions attached.
- Firm, Size, Structure, and Areas of Practice. If the Offeror is a firm, it should describe its organization, size, structure, areas of practice, and office location(s). Indicate, if appropriate, if the firm is a small or minority/owned business.
- Attorney Qualifications. Professional and education background of each attorney, overall supervision to be exercised, prior experience of the individual attorneys. Only include resumes of attorneys likely to be assigned to the representation. Education, position in firm, years and types of experience, and continuing professional education will be considered.
- Price. The Firm’s price should include information on the hourly billing rates of each attorney or other legal staff who is expected to work on this representation and charges for expenses, if any, such as legal research, copies, and faxes, rate charged for litigation services within court, if at a different rate than charged for basic services. CareerSource reserves the right to negotiate with the Offeror on the structure of the billing and/or retainer fee.
CareerSource intends to award the agreement for legal services to the lawyer or law firm that most closely meets the specific needs of CareerSource, not solely or even primarily on the basis of price. Proposals will be evaluated upon a combination of price and qualitative factors. CareerSource reserves the right to contact any Offeror to clarify any response. Although CareerSource will use the category and overall scores as a guide, CareerSource will not be bound to make its final recommendation based on the highest score if it believes it is in the best overall interest of CareerSource to depart from such scores. Evaluation of each proposal will be based on the following criteria:
|1. Experience in working with a workforce board, governmental organization (special district, school board, city or county government) or a non-profit entity
|2. Experience in working with the State of Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO).
|3. Hourly rate and other costs
It is expected that a decision selecting the successful lawyer or law firm will be made within four (4) weeks of the closing date for the receipt of proposals. Upon conclusion of final negotiations with the successful lawyer or law firm, all Offerors submitting proposals in response to this Request for Proposals will be informed in writing via email of the successful award selection.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance in this matter. We look forward to hearing from you.
Vendor Conflict of Interest Form
Addendum to Legal Services